Monday, May 20, 2013

Farro Salad - Yum!

I saw this recipe on Little Miss Momma's site and knew I had to try it! We eat a lot of rice in our house, so I was excited to try something a little different.

I had never had Farro before, but it looked delish! Anything with sun dried tomatoes and feta has to be pretty darn good, right?! I got most of my ingredients at my go-to Trader Joe's. I found the Farro with the rice and quinoa. This salad paired really well with Mediterranean marinated fish that we had that night!

This side dish was super fast and easy to whip up. Farro is pretty filling and yummy! Surprisingly, lemon seeds look a lot like cooked Farro, so MY TIP - juice in separate container before tossing with salad! Nothing like biting down on a damn lemon seed! Oh, and keep an eye on it when boiling because just like pasta, it foams up when at a full boil!





Farro Salad
adapted from Little Miss Momma

1 package of Trader Joe's 10-minute Farro (boiled and drained)
1 jar Julienne Sun Dried Tomatoes (rough chop and don't drain)
1 can Sliced Olives (drained)
1 container of Mediterranean Feta 
1/2 cup chopped Green Onion 
Juice of 1 Lemon
Season with Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder

Directions
Boil and drain Farro as directed on package and chill in the fridge. Rough chop the tomatoes, reserving the oil to toss with the Farro. Combine remaining ingredients and season accordingly.





No comments:

Post a Comment

© Miss Momvocate. Powered by