Tuesday, May 14, 2013

DIY Eye Shadow Primer

As you guys might be figuring out, I love me some make up. The problem is, I am also pretty cheap. So, that's why Pinterest has been a savior for me and my quest to save cash on my makeup products. And, goodness, the do-it-yourself dupes? Sign this filly up.

If you are blessed with natural, flawless beauty, please STOP READING and go about your business being pretty. The rest of us have some work to do!

Today I'm going to share with you a DIY eye shadow primer. It really couldn't be any easier!

For those of you who don't use eyeshadow primer, you seriously don't know what you are missing. I, too, used to be a non-believer. Until my wedding rolled around and I saw how long my shadow lasted with a little dab o' primer. It not only made my shadow last longer, but made it go on more vibrant! So, for the last 6 or so years I've been a primer user. Below is a picture of an eye shadow with and without primer. The left swatch is a swipe of eyeshadow WITHOUT primer. The right swatch is a swipe of eyeshadow WITH primer. See?! It definitely DOES make a difference! BY THE WAY, the primer I used is my DIY primer!


Primer is not a cheap addition to the makeup arsenal. I was using MAC Prep + Prime Eye at a whopping $18.50 a pop. I always justified the expense because one container lasted a pretty long time. But, when I came across a simple DIY primer that was so extremely cheap (well, pretty cheap because I had all of the ingredients on hand), I HAD to try it out for myself. And, like most DIY products, it is just as good as my go-to MAC version.

All you need is:
1/2 tsp of lip balm (I used homemade peppermint lip balm)
1 tsp cornstarch
1 1/2 tsp liquid foundation (I used a winter shade I had on hand)

Here's the How-To:
Get small container (My cheap bum stole a salsa container from the burrito shop and used that). Mix all of this stuff up until the clumps are gone. Voila! Eye Primer!

Give it a whirl!

Adapted from Maskcara.com
http://www.maskcara.com/maskcara/2012/06/22/diy-eyeshadow-primer/




No comments:

Post a Comment

© Miss Momvocate. Powered by