Thursday, May 2, 2013

Fave Five of the Month - MAY

I love hearing about other's favorite obsessions! Mainly, because I'm not the least bit creative. So, I thought I'd share with you a few of my faves of the moment. Just random things that tickle my fancy. (I almost typed fanny. And, I almost left it. But, that word reminds me of fanny pack and I don't do fanny packs. Just sayin').

Essie Mamba
This is one of my most favorite nude nail polishes right now. Sucker is hard to find. I found a bottle at Walgreens! It's a really versatile color that looks great on most skin colors.

My ring finger has muffin top!? 

Feel Good Brush
My hair stylist told me about this brush. It's awesome. My hair is now really, really long and when I have to comb it while wet, it's like raking out a mangey mutt. And, in the process, I ripped out a lot of my hair. This brush detangles you hair while wet, without detangler. I swear by it!



Autism With a Side of Fries - Personal Blog
Yes, I have a child with Autism. When they diagnosed him, they didn't revoke my right to vanity or humor. Thank goodness, right? So, when I stumbled across this blog, I fell in love. It is honest and raw, with a hilarious twist. At the end of the day, all we can do is laugh, ya'll! And, ironic because Brady's "currency" is fries. We can get him to do anything for fries. And, if you follow their FB feed, not only is it funnier than heck, but you can ask or answer questions others ask. 



Can I Play Too by Mo Willems
Originally, I purchased this book for Brady. But, Wes is the one that has really taken a liking to this book. I think it's hilarious and don't mind reading it over and over to Wes. With Brady we are really trying to use it to talk abstractly about the story and other's feelings (since it doesn't have a lot of words in it). We have a couple other Mo Willems books, but this one is by far my favorite (so far)!



Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet (040)
I have always loved the look of a red lip with simple winged black eye liner. Simple and classic. But, every time I have tried it I thought it looked kind of, well, whore-like on me. Nothing says "Mother of the Year" like red hooker lip, bleeding in my fine lines and flaking off my lips like I was a dehydrated drunk. When someone recommended this lip butter, I hopped in the hoopty and drove to the local Target right away to scoop it up and I've been using it ever since. It's got the feel of a lip balm and pigment of a lipstick. PS...I hate selfies, but here is my lame attempt at one to show you I don't roll out looking like a lady of the night.



What are your faves right now?

1 comment:

  1. This is just the information I am finding everywhere. Thanks for your blog, I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog..
    leather men belt bag

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Momvocate. Powered by