Monday, October 7, 2013

October Fave Five

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT IS OCTOBER! Like two more months until the end of the year...how the heck did that happen?

Well, another month and another fave five!

Trader Joe's All-In-One Facial Cleanser
I have been using the Oil Cleansing Method for nearly a year now and am really happy with it. But, I've noticed that my skin has been a little dull lately and picked this face wash up during my last trip to Trader Joe's. At $5, if it didn't work, I wasn't out a fortune.

To my surprise, this stuff actually rocks. I still use my oil to take off my eye makeup but, this stuff is strong enough to take off my makeup but gentle enough to not tear up my face. If you are looking for a pretty good, but inexpensive face wash, try this one out!




Buxom Full On Lip Gloss
I admit it - I'm a lip gloss gal. I like to try lip glosses all the time. Cheap, expensive, tingly, colorful, sparkly and bright...you name it, I'll try it. But, low and behold, I have found one that I REALLY like and might make me a loyal customer. 

Buxom Full On Lip Gloss is a tingly, lip plumping (well, on me not so much) lip gloss that really has some staying power and isn't goopy. All things I like. I bought the mini kit from Sephora and I really can't decide which color I like best! I am using Cherry Flip a lot, which is a color I probably would not have pick out based off of what it looks like at first glance, but it's a cute pink that isn't too loud. The tingle in the lip gloss lasts for a really long time, so if you don't like tingly lip glosses, don't pick this up!



Elizabethan Desserts
This has been my favorite dessert place for about the last five years. Only problem, or shall I say the only BLESSING is that it is about 45 minutes away from our home. But, now that Brady has Brain Highways class right across the street from Elizabethan Dessert's new location, I have been there every Sunday enjoying their delicacies! My go-to dessert is their Grasshopper cupcake. Oh minty my. If they are out of those delicious little yummies, I usually get a Magic Bar which is made with all sorts of magicness. 

If you are ever in the Encinitas, California area, definitely stop by and have a little good ol' American dessert. Their St. Louis Ooey Gooey Bars even made Bon Appetites' Top Desserts. Seriously LEGIT. Visit their website HERE.

Their cupcakes come in mini and regular sizes. I know, who the heck buys a mini cupcake?


Personalized Silicone Cup Bands
One thing that has almost made me bat-sh*t crazy with my two boys is their fierce possessiveness over their water bottles. Well, not so much Brady, but Wes is uber possessive over his favorite water bottles. If Brady even dares look at Wes' water bottle, especially his new Jake and the Neverland Pirates stainless steel water "canteen" from the Disney Store, Wes' flips his lid! Poor Brady! And, poor hubby! He innocently will give Brady Wes' cups and that just causes meltdowns all around! Wes is crying because "it's MINE Daddy! MINE!". Brady is crying because "Daddy gave it to ME!" and Dave is about to cry because he can't stand the whining! 

So, to make it very CLEAR to everyone and end the water bottle madness I purchased these silicone cup bands and they are seriously awesome. Each boy picked their own color - Brady picked green and Wes picked blue and I had their full names debossed on each. 

They fit really nice and snug on their water bottles and they are great for many reasons. Because each boy has their own "color", hubby can easily tell who each cup belongs to. Crisis averted. But, one unintended benefit is that each boy can read and identify their own cups. Another cool thing is that Wes is trying his hardest to remember how to spell his last name and he can do this independently now (sometimes long last names are a pain!)

There are four in a pack and I ordered and received them in less than a week. Super sweet! Visit theinkjunkie on Etsy to order yours!



Smarty Pants Vitamins
Finding a vitamin that Brady will take is fairly difficult. It seems that a lot of vitamins are coated with sugar, which he hates! I had found a vitamin that worked for us, but we also had to supplement with Fiber and Omegas separately. Each morning he had a ton of things to take!

A friend had recommended Smart Pants vitamins and I was a little hesitant trying something new with him. But, they had a money back guarantee so I decided to give it a go. What I really like is that Brady can take one vitamin that contains not only his daily vitamins and minerals, but his Omegas and Fiber as well. I'm all about streamlining Brady's supplements wherever I can!

Besides liking what's INSIDE the vitamins, I really like what's NOT INSIDE them. They are free of high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. They are also gluten and casein-free. 

And, if you want to know the best thing about Smarty Pants...they make a 1-for-1 matching nutrient grant to a child in need through their partnership with Vitamin Angels. Visit their website HERE for more information on their products



Hope you are already enjoying your Fall! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

© Miss Momvocate. Powered by